Salty goes down south

Discussion related to commercial salmon trolling, boats, gear, fishing techniques, electronics, marketing, etc.
tomic

Salty goes down south

Post by tomic »

Im sure the "Salty Troller Forum " will be a little quiet this week as he had to go to Seattle for semi annual check up to confirm his excellent health.
We wish you good luck and no surprises from your doctors and enjoy your grandson and family while your away. Good health and good travels and thanks for hooking up the hot tub :twisted: and letting me stay at the house.
JKD
Spammer?: No

Re: Salty goes down south

Post by JKD »

Good old Salty - without his help I wouldn't have been able to access this forum. But a quick email to him and even when he was away from his home computer he sent me a message with the info I needed. Glad to see he also got voted onto the NSRAA Board - he will do a good job on there.

Anyway, it will be interesting to read through the posts on here. I used to tow gear around with the Storm Front out of Sitka so I suspect I will recognise some familiar characters. ;) Right now I am driving a desk for the State, but have my 10 years in and have started looking for a boat to get back into trolling. :shock:
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Salty goes down south

Post by Salty »

I remember the opening of the August Chinook opening when I checked in with the author of the previous post at 8:00 am. I had the great score of 12 coho and 8 Chinook. He had 75 Chinook by then. I remember another time when he coded me 193 Kings on the 3rd of July for the day. Welcome to the forum and I hope you find another boat old friend.
Lots of sportfishing boats when I went over the Columbia River today. I guess they have a big prediction for Spring Chinook.
Down here bonding with the grandson so he is used to my barking by the time he is ready to start slipping em over the rail.