Commercial Salmon Trolling Forum

Accepting Donations (aka Tips from Salty)

News & changes to the site. Give your feedback or ask questions about the site here.

Re: Accepting Donations

Postby spike christopher » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:14 pm

Salty, probably to late, but I donated 50 bucks several days ago, I really appreciate this site and have learn so much from it. I'm always checking it out. I hope it stays active.
spike christopher
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Salty » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Thanks for the donation. I also added you to our chum trollers membership list e-mail so you should have got a couple of posts.

Do you want a picture of a hot hootchie, spoon, bug, plug or a nice fishing ground view, or a combo thereof?
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby carojae » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:47 am

Hey I donated long ago - can't remember how much tho....but I didn't do it on incentive. Do I get something now for good faith? :D

Jim
carojae
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Salty » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:25 am

Let me know what you want a picture of, hootchie, spoon, plug, flasher, bug, fishing boat, fishing ground view, dead fish, composite etc. and I will post it or send it privately.

Here is a "Teaser"

Teaser, April 2009.jpg
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby kjwelder » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:24 am

Salty,
I couldn't help but notice that 2/3 pictures showing lures looked posed. The barb isn't even in the fish in the red one! The gold spoon wasn't even in the fishes mouth. Did you really catch these fish?
kj
kjwelder

Postby Salty » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:29 am

Just because you catch more fish than I do does not mean I don't catch enough to post honest pictures.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Salty » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:32 am

This offer is still good. Genuine hot lure, nice picture, or gear set up tip for a donation.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby tiltedkilt » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:32 pm

I may be a "junior member" but I'm a veteran lurker!! I really appreciate this site so I sent a portion of my "buy a boat fund"!! Thanks Jon, hope you and Angie get back to fishing soon!
tiltedkilt

Postby joeman79 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Well I am donating a little to this forum tonight so I can get some hot tips from Salty, as I am possibly going to make a bid on a troller before the end of the year. This forum has taught me so much about Trolling and its people and its worth way more than I was able to donate. Thanks for maintaining this Great Site.
And hopefully I will meet some of you in the next couple years on the water.
Thanks Again everyone who is responsible for this forum,
Joe
joeman79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Salty » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:19 pm

Joe,
What are you looking for, a scenic SE picture, a picture of a troll caught salmon, a picture of a hot lure, a troll set-up tip, or a story? Let me know and I will post your choice.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby joeman79 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:31 am

Salty,
Well someday I hope to meet face to face and spend some time listening to stories and maybe a chance to pick your brain about the thousands of questions going through my head about trolling. But until then a story about fishing with your Family or a favorite memory about fishing in S.E. Alaska would be great.
Thanks,
Joe
joeman79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Salty » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:15 am

Will post in the stories section.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby mydona » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:06 am

Well another year has come and gone by. While renewing all the permits and other organization's dues and getting ready to start it all over again, I would like to remind others that this forum is a one more valuable tool we use to narrow the margin of luck and increase the amount of skill we use to be successful. Thanks for all the entertainment too.
mydona
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby kjwelder » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:45 am

Salty, I donated $50 after receiving my SPC retro.
Show me a picture of lure that really lights up.
kj
kjwelder

Postby Salty » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:29 pm

Do you mean lights up in terms of fish biting or lites up in terms of glow?

Clarify and I will post. I am thinking of a couple of examples of each. I will post one in the category you specify.

I am also thinking of one that combines the two if you want that one. I will try and find and take a picture of the one that we caught 250 coho on in an evening bite if you want. :D
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Salty » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:42 pm

I see that Joeman asked for a story last November. With it blowing about 30 SW and heavy rain I decided today was a good day to write up a story. It is posted in the stories section as "Getting the Shaft"

Still offering stories, tips, pictures, or whatever you suggest, within reason, for donations to support this wonderful troll site.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Wperson » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:31 pm

I would go for a tip on a good supplier of gear by mail.

Ward
Wperson
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Salty » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:53 am

Depends on what you are looking for.

I use North Pacific Net and Twine out of Steveston, BC for a lot of little things like sleeves, wire, bugs, and Canadian troll snaps. Silver Horde in Lynwood is great for spoons and I found a bunch of good bug material there on one visit. Charkbait in California is good for leader and hooks. Longfin is good for leader and hooks. Captain Hooks Warehouse often has the best hook prices. I get a lot of my chum gear from Bob Clark at Grizzly tackle in Hoonah.

Then there are the usual like Westmar, Seattle Marine, etc. It is a lot different now than it used to be. Now we just type in what we are looking for and all kinds of choices pop up. I do most of my shopping for gear locally in Sitka either at Murray Pacific or Well's Fishing Supply.

Hope this helps, thanks for donating and helping keep this great site going.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby sean_h_5 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:33 pm

Salty, I donated 50.00 bucks yesterday.
If your offer still stands, I would be interested in seeing your favorite spread for chum trolling.

Thanks,
sean
sean_h_5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Salty » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:10 pm

There are some already posted here somewhere. But here is my all time favorite and probably most productive over the years. But I am in the tub on my I phone so I will send a photo later.

1 fathom spread.

Be careful how you word your question. If you want to know more ask carefully and I will share.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Site News & Suggestions