F/V Shannon Hope or F/V Misty Dawn

Post photos or movies of trollers, fish, scenery, whatever you've got related to trolling.
ccbuilder
Spammer?: No

F/V Shannon Hope or F/V Misty Dawn

Post by ccbuilder »

New to the board but been lurking for awhile. I was just curious if any of you guys might have ran across the F/V Shannon Hope. Its a sky blue football (C&M) might have been renamed in the last couple years. This troller belonged to a family friend and a lifelong friend of my dads. I think it was sold to a fisherman in Sitka. I would love to be able to print out a updated picture for my dad. The boat had potential to be an outstanding troller! It was built along with its sister the F/V Misty Dawn and delivered to Wrangell. Both boats originally belonged to my dads lifelong friends and have now passed. Any info or pictures of either boat would be appreciated. Thanks
akfisher1978

Re: F/V Shannon Hope or F/V Misty Dawn

Post by akfisher1978 »

There are two boats built in the 80's by those names one in Sitka and one in Ketchikan both are 45ft and could be what you are looking for. I looked it up on the ADFG database. You can go there it gives you the names of the owners.
ccbuilder

Post by ccbuilder »

Ya thats them. I knew I could find the owners but was actually just looking for updated pictures of the boats working on the grounds.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

I think I have one of the Misty Dawn, I took for evidence. I will try to dig it up after the Seahawk game.
Drew

Post by Drew »

I found this video on youtube awhile ago. I think it was taken by a charter boat, shows a bunch of people trolling for dogs with the misty dawn in the foreground a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN6FoHvH2zs
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

The video gives you a good idea of what it looks like now. Still working but appears to need some tlc.
ccbuilder

Post by ccbuilder »

Thanks for the video. Those boats had never really been taken care of from the time they were first delivered. They were mainly used for gillnet if you could believe it. They were never worked to hard or abused but more like neglected. I know the Shannon Hope had very low hours for its age but hadnt been maintained like it should have so it looked a little rough. I do believe it was an uncovered gem though. The Misty Dawn on other hand when it left wrangell several years ago looked to be in great shape from its second owner. Both nice platforms though.
Big_Guy

Post by Big_Guy »

Hi, I'm a fisherman out of Half Moon Bay, CA, and know of a vessel named the "Misty Dawn". Maybe this is not the same vessel? It is a 47' Sunnfjord.
Drew

Post by Drew »

The misty dawn in this thread is a C&M "football" hull. The same hull as the boat in this picture: http://www.teleaadsen.com/blog/nerka-wi ... airweather
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

The C&M Misty Dawn here in SE looks like it needs some TLC.