Seiner capsizing video

Post photos or movies of trollers, fish, scenery, whatever you've got related to trolling.
Abundance
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Spammer?: No

Seiner capsizing video

Post by Abundance »

I just found this on youtube. I have never really looked around at what they have on there before, so you might have seen this already. It gives me chills just watching this. I cannot imagine being inside that thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... t69DcjgZsA
Garrett Hagen, F/V Abundance
Kelper

Re: Seiner capsizing video

Post by Kelper »

wow.. that'll make you think twice about testing your boat out in that big stuff. I read some of the comments, and somebody said that the boat lost it's main, and they rigged the Aux to move it slowly under power.. not exactly sure how that works, but that could explain why it wasn't able to keep a straight line.
Kittiwake

Re: Seiner capsizing video

Post by Kittiwake »

I think it probably had full power, I doubt an auxillary hooked up to the shaft somehow could make that much propwash. I cant tell what hull that is but I suspect it is fairly shallow, perhaps with a tunnel and a smallish rudder, hard to steer sometimes. The skiff on deck broke free and is far to port. Other bad things are the boom w/ block fairly high and those sissy lids reportedly catch more wind than full tophouses.