F/V Seawitch, 42' powertroller, needs deckhand

Find a job on a fishing boat, or sign on a deckhand.
CWITCH
Spammer?: No

F/V Seawitch, 42' powertroller, needs deckhand

Post by CWITCH »

F/V Seawitch, 42' powertroller, needs deckhand for July-August-September 2013 season. Fishes for SPC out of Sitka, Alaska. Must be clean, sober, and reliable. No experience necessary if you have a good work ethic - cleaning troll caught salmon, icing, tying gear, some cooking, unloading, keep deck, fish hold and gear cleaned up and ship shape, and of course, other duties as assigned by skipper. Reply@yahoo.com
CWITCH

POSITION FILLED: F/V Seawitch, 42' powertroller, needs deckh

Post by CWITCH »

I just wanted to say thank you for this forum. We received many promising replies to our advertisement for a deckhand. Stretch hired a guy today who was walking the docks (Bar Harbor, Ketchikan) kind of like TomD last year. Timing was right. They talked and hit it off well so we've got a deckhand for the season. We made some very good contacts and a couple that I wish could have worked out. I want to encourage anyone who is thinking about getting into this fishery. A lot of the old timers are retiring and we need new fishers. I think the hook and line fishery is the best quality product on the market today.
Traymur39

Re: F/V Seawitch, 42' powertroller, needs deckhand

Post by Traymur39 »

Hi My name is Troy, I would love the opportunity to come and be your deck hand, I can cook as well. I have not fished in AK but own my own boat in Washington state so am familiar with boats.
I also worked in the Everett Marina for 6 years and have some mechanical knowledge as well. I have been at my current job for 7 years with no room for advancement and have wanted to try the fishing industry as my career change. Please give me a call if you would like to talk further.

Regards,

Troy
Traymur39

Re: F/V Seawitch, 42' powertroller, needs deckhand

Post by Traymur39 »

Hey Tom, give me a call been trying to get ahold of you as to the date and time you are leaving and if you want me to join you as your Deck hand? Thank you!!