Salty

A place for users to chat about non-fishing topics. No political or religious posts are allowed.
Fishnmike
Spammer?: No

Salty

Post by Fishnmike »

Hey Eric just wanted to let you know that I bought your mom's book and read it while on my recent elk hunting trip. It was a great book and what a life you and your family had. Thanks for the reccomendation.

Mike
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Salty

Post by Salty »

Mike,
Thanks for the comment. I love to hear that people liked this book. Some tough stuff in it about life. I am so glad her story continues to entertain and inspire people.
Seems like a bit less, but still hear from people every month or so about how much they enjoyed her story. "Following The Alaskan Dream" Marilyn Jordan George for those interested. We still have a few copies and Old Harbor Books here in Sitka still sells them.

Eric
Fishnmike

Post by Fishnmike »

It was a great read from several stand points; fishing, adventure, life, history, etc. etc. Its a book that will stay on my bookshelf for a long time.

One of the interesting things I took from the book was how willing your mom and dad were to take chances with their life and future and how it worked for them. You don't see that today in people.

I never post on here as I'm not a commerical fisherman, just an avid sport fisherman. But I really enjoy the stories posted by you and others on here. They put me out in the boat with you guys.
thediverdude
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by thediverdude »

Eric. I ordered your moms book and recieved it Friday. Started it Saturday after work and finished it Sunday evening. It was great. Did not put it down except for Curch Sunday morning. Irritated my wife a bit because she wanted me to put up Christmas lights.
Shooting Salmon? Is it still done? Started trolling Fort Bragg Ca last year, and never heard of that.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

Thanks for the nice book comments. It used to be fairly common in the troll fleet to shoot big kings with a 22 hand gun. Both Skip Jordan and Bill George did it quite commonly. I shot a few my first year trolling but a long gaff worked fine for me. I still remember my dad shooting a big king on a hot plug and hitting the plug and ruining it.

The version of mother's book before my sisters editing was especially entertaining.

It doesn't seem to be common these days, not enough time in a big bite to reload.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

Where did you order it from? I better make sure they are re-supplied for Christmas. Down to the last couple of dozen copies here at the house. I doubt we will run another printing.
thediverdude
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by thediverdude »

I got my copy from amazon.com. Signed by your mom in 2005.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

Wow, They have everything.