good info on Columbia river

Discussion area for political and legal issues affecting Alaskan salmon fisheries.
John Murray
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

good info on Columbia river

Post by John Murray »

Came across a site today that has some good info on the Columbia river.www.cbbulletin.com its the site for the Columbia Basin Fish and Wildlife News Bulletin.
Yeah its just projections but 2014 looks promising.They haven't posted fall chinnook but spring and summer look good.After last year big miss in their projections it might not mean much.I wonder if those 3 year old (the under 28in.fish fall run) actually came in too small?I sure didn't see those small kings in the late season,but they were around in late winter,spring and July openers.
Good luck to our treaty team as they help bust out our 2014 chinnook catch.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: good info on Columbia river

Post by Salty »

I thought you were out fishing John? You plug her already?
Carol W

Post by Carol W »

Everywhere I look I see the news of 1.6 million Kings for the Columbia, I keep wondering if we as Alaskans will get to share in this bounty. I think I know the answer and if it is what I think then Alaskans need to stand up and tell the Feds enough is enough. Our fishery has been gutted to rebuild stocks and now that there are record runs we are not allowed to be rewarded for our conservation efforts. Makes me sick.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

Tom,
We are battling big time here in Alaska to protect salmon habitat and salmon management from the gutting proposed by the Parnell administration and his lackeys in the legislature. Time for Alaskan fishermen to think about whether the candidates they are voting for have the interests of salmon and the salmon industry as a priority or whether they are serving their campaign funders, oil and mining interests.