gurdie rebuild

Troubleshooting, repair, and how-to's related to marine systems.
brettonjohn
Spammer?: No

gurdie rebuild

Post by brettonjohn »

Hello everyone just curious if anybody knows of a shop or person who can go through my gurdies in the skagit valley area thank you
Hans2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: gurdie rebuild

Post by Hans2 »

What brand of gurdies do you have?
brettonjohn

Post by brettonjohn »

Simplex 3 spool....bought the boat a couple years ago.....they work but I know that they have not been fished for at least a decade....I live in the Anacortes area but anywhere from Bellingham to Seattle would work......thanks again for any suggestions
Hans2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Hans2 »

I beleive Brad down at InMac / Kolstrand in Ballard will rebuild just about any brand on a parts+ hourly labor basis. Might be worth a call at least. Not cheap though.
brettonjohn

Post by brettonjohn »

Thanks Hans I did speak with brad and he offered to look at them and also gave me a rough estimate for a complete rebuild not cheap is right! But I also did a little more research and found a company in Victoria bc who has been around since 1913 who would completely rebuild them to new for much less and they have all the parts on hand...... thanks again for your help I appreciate it
Trnaround
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Trnaround »

Try Hastings Foundry in Vancouver BC, ask for Rico. They are the manufacturer and they rebuild them. Just drive up there and drop them off at the shop.I did mine that way and customs wasn't a problem because it was just a repair, pretty smooth.